March 2023 - Agile Mag Newsletter
Here we are with a new edition of our Agile MAG. We hope you'll enjoy it!
This edition's highlights:
📊 Journey into the lifecycle of a computational policy: a new White Paper to understand why computational policies are essential to scale efficiently
📌Data Mesh Learning Community: Agile Lab is one of the founding sponsors
▶️ Governance Shift Left: a new approach to Data Governance
📚Collaborative Modelling and EventStorming: a book about software engineering suggested by our Book Club
📣Open Positions: new opportunities to join our team
Journey into the lifecycle of a computational policy - White Paper
- Understand why computational policies are essential to scale efficiently
- Enable the complete management of computational policies from their creation to their retirement
- Improve the transparency and visibility of policies organization-wide
- Check data quality, privacy/compliance, security, contracts, lineage and many more
- Remove technology and vendor lock-in by applying technology-agnostic principles to its computational policies.
Data Mesh Learning Community
We’re excited to announce that Agile Lab has joined the Data Mesh Learning Community as one of the founding sponsors. Data Mesh Learning is an open, user-focused community of practitioners who share techniques for implementing data mesh.
"Data mesh is proving to be an effective way for organizations to manage and innovate with the volume, diversity, and complexity of data”.
Elite Data Engineering
Governance Shift Left
- They are hard to evangelize
- People forget about them Because they are busy
- They can be by-passed in case of emergency
A book to read: "Collaborative Modelling and EventStorming"
Understanding what problems users face in a given domain. This is one of the keys to build effective technology solutions.
Yet, domain knowledge may not be something you just receive from above - rather, you may need to be actively involved and piece it together.
In the Agile Lab Book Club, we've been reading and discussing EventStorming - what it is and how it can help with this.
Why would we ever need to model collaboratively in software engineering?
In terms of collaborative modelling, are there any alternatives to EventStorming?
- Chapter 12, Learning Domain-Driven Design. Aligning Software Architecture with Business Strategy, V. Khononov. O'Reilly, 2021.
- Chapter 2, Collaborative Software Design. How to facilitate domain modelling decisions. E. van Kelle, G. Verschatse, K. Baas-Schwegler. Manning, 2023 (early preview).
We are always looking for the best talents in the market!
If you would like to join a top-tier data engineering firm with a remote-first culture and an international mindset, take look at our OPEN POSITIONS:
Feel free to share the newsletter with your team and friends.
Was this email forwarded to you? Sign up HERE.