Data Governance in Action
Discover the long-term benefits of proper Data Governance for data-driven organizations
Data Governance is a crucial component of Data Management that focuses on establishing and enforcing policies, procedures, and standards that govern an organization's data.
With data governance, companies manage the availability, usability, integrity, and security of their data throughout its lifecycle. This way, they guarantee that the data is accurate, reliable, and compliant. Data Governance is implemented via a Data Governance Framework that is unique to each enterprise and which maximizes operational processes and facilitates compliance with laws and regulations.
Decision-makers must ensure that data governance is applied to all IT systems, involves all stakeholders, and that governance keeps up with the scaling speed of the business in order to not become a bottleneck.
Ideally, a federated and computational data governance framework should be implemented in order to guarantee quality data that can correctly inform data-driven business decisions.
Organizations implementing data governance should focus on:
Governance Shift Left: An Agile Lab Approach to Data Governance
Metadata as Code
You Build it, You Govern it
Not just Guidelines
Our Data Governance experience spans across verticals such as BFSI, Utilities, Automotive, and Manufacturing. We've put all our experience and knowledge into the following content.
Learn More About Data Governance Below!
Data Governance White Papers
Governance Shift Left: A Data Governance Framework for Long-Term Enterprise Success
Learn how to:
- Ensure governance isn't broken before data goes into production
- Implement quickly and easily
- Reestablish trust in data and metadata
- Increase data literacy and ownership
It's time to update the data governance frameworks to a modern and automated framework.
The Script that Fixes Your Data: Metadata as Code
Learn how to:
- Use metadata management to enforce computational policies via a policy-as-code approach
- Boost your security and compliance
- Improve overall data quality and health
- Use machine-readable metadata to fuel data governance automation
Journey into the Lifecycle of a Computational Policy
Learn more about computational policies in our white paper, including:
- Understanding why computational policies are essential to scale efficiently
- Why removing technology and vendor lock-in by applying technology agnostic principles to computational policies can save you hundreds of thousands of €.
Our Data Governance Knowledge Base
Data Governance Framework: Pioneering Governance Shift Left
This pillar article delves into the complexities of data governance and explains why most data governance efforts fail. Governance Shift Left is our approach to data governance that ensures data quality and puts a framework in place that enables your data governance to scale with the business.
Boost Data Governance with Governance Decision Record
The Governance Decision Record (GDR) framework boosts the efficiency and efficacy of Data Governance frameworks. GDR revolves around a sound data governance practice that is not only open source but is also a documentation of governance decisions that offer context for data owners and consumers.
Data Governance Discussions
Governance Shift Left
Paolo Platter, CTO at Agile Lab discusses our Data Governance approach at length at the CDM Media Solutions Spotlight podcast. Key parts of the discussion:
- What Governance Shift Left is
- The processes it involves
- The mindset shift it requires from organizations
- The benefit Governance Shift Left provides
- Enforcing policies across different tech stacks
Tech Talk - Computational Governance
This thought-provoking discussion goes over how organizations need to change to adopt Computational Governance, together with key aspects that a sound Computational Data Governance practice must contain for an organization. Watch the video to learn about:
- What Computational Governance is
- How a platform approach to being compliant can benefit organizations
- Metadata activation and quality gates as key components within a data governance practice
- The importance of Computational Policies
Witboost: Award-winning Automated Data Governance Enabler
Governance Shift Left, Computational Policies, Governance Decision Records, Metadata activation, quality gates... these are all concepts we've explored throughout our 10-year experience in Data Governance.
It's been put together into Witboost, the ultimate platform that automates your Data Governance. Connect and configure your governance across your entire tech stack.
Witboost has been created with automation in mind, designed for organizations to scale their data governance together with their data and business. It's been recognized as one of the top 10 Data Governance solutions in 2023. Such a prestigious award is a testament to our dedication to sound data governance, which ensures data quality and compliance, saving time, money, and manual effort.